Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Moving Forward
Nine days and counting! So far we have gotten one donation suitcase packed, I think I counted 30 little kid shoes in that one. If I can pack one suitcase a day up until we leave I think we will be okay. Now I have had friends that have said what are you so stressed about just through all the stuff in suitcases and call it good. Well since we are trying to deliver donations to at least two orphanages I am trying to divvy everything up just perfectly while maximizing the space under the weight restrictions, all the while thinking I will need to add 20 more lbs of stuff to each suitcase in DC.
This weekend Saturday and Sunday I am finishing the kids rooms.....I have a couple people in mind that I am going to beg for help( Rachel and Tracy). That's the heads up that you may want to avoid my phone calls.
On other family drama Romans graduation or continuation from eighth grade is this evening......I don't remember anyone being real impressed with that when I was that age, but I guess it is a big achievement now. We are having a little get together for him on Friday. For the ceremony he wanted to wear slippers and a tye dye shirt, and he is still begging to have his hair dreaded, they do it professionally now and so it is not as gross.

Sierra and I went camping (not really roughing it) at Estes park with her girl scout troop last weekend. It was really nice to have that time with her and somehow I got to chaperone four girls by myself the first nite...ugggh. There was a tour guide for our rock and ice class that all the girls fell in love with I even heard one of them ask him "do you have a girlfriend or an ex-girlfriend" (not sierra, one of the older more mature third graders).

That's all for now I will keep everyone posted on my packing endeavors

1 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

Gee, Ro, are you a Moss or what? Where's your respect for this "significant" occasion?

Roman in dreds. . .??? Is his hair long enough? I definitely want a picture!

Safe travels, Sis et al!

12:26 PM, June 03, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home