Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Off for the summer
I have some news, good or bad it depends on how you look at it. I have been told by my employer that I should plan on taking my family medical leave all at once and not work part time. This isn't what I was expecting, I was hoping I could work part time and use my 12 weeks of time off intermittently. Flexibility is not their forte here so all and all this is a nice time of year to be off of work. I don't think I have had a summer off since, well, ever since my mom had that rule of work or school in the summer. Sorry Mom I will look at summer classes at Mines since I only need six more credits for my masters.
Financially it will be a little harder on us since we were expecting some money coming in on my side, but we have always planned our finances on just one of our incomes, just not with five kids in the picture also. Back to the days of coupon cutting!

In other news I have been an emotional roller coaster, I have so much I want to get done before we go that my head is spinning. I took all last week off of soccer and I don't think I am any better off than I was before that. The most important thing for me is to finish getting the bedrooms set up and pack our suitcases. Anyone want to help?

3 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

Ouch! Have you thought about initiating a workplace yoga class to increase flexibility???

I wish we were closer, and I'd be glad to help get rooms ready. Unfortunately, I can't make two trips out there this summer, and I want to see the kids!

I bet Mom will consider acclimating three kids work for the purposes of keeping you out of trouble this summer.

Love you!

5:03 PM, May 16, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will help you get the rooms ready! Unfortunately, I'm gone this weekend for a work trip, but I'll be back next Thursday and be around all weekend. Lets talk.
Rachel

11:10 AM, May 17, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Becky,
You can go to summer fun, you know.
Love,
Mom

6:55 PM, May 22, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home