Monday, January 30, 2006

Good news I have had chicken pox. Yes my doctor says contrary to what my family has told me that I have had chicken pox. This is good news if you don't think about the fact that no one can remember any of the major illnesses I have had. Also this is just a reminder that I had to use my brothers baby picture for my senior yearbook baby picture because we couldn't find one of me.
This chicken pox news came out in my adoption physical with all the extensive blood work that was done.

As for the adoption we are just waiting......waiting......waiting. What we are waiting for at this point is our 171H, our approval from the US government to adopt internationally. We did get our biometrics done last weekend so we are one step closer. We expect to get approval within the next 4-6 weeks. We don't officially go into the waiting for child pile until that gets done. The time frame after that is 1- 3 months for a referral, however presently there are waiting children that fit our criteria if we ended up choosing waiting children that referral time is virtually non-existent. After the referral, if we accept it we go into another waiting period of about 4-6 weeks until we travel.

Anyone who knows me knows that I am not a patient person but we are sure all the waiting will be worth it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

Hey, Beck! At least we know when your birthday is! (And when DID you have the chicken pox???) I remember when you dove out of the tree. Does that count? And the only reason Mom remembers when the rest of us had chicken pox is that we couldn't travel to Ethiopia with Dad because we all looked horrible!

We are certainly excited about getting closer to more nieces &/or nephews. BTW-what are the criteria you have on your list??? And, since I'm no more patient than you are, I'll vote for 4 weeks on each of your windows, and an immediate referral.

Hugs to all!
(and I updated my blog with kid news yesterday)

4:22 PM, January 30, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home