Friday, January 13, 2006

Well this is where we are at…..
So far we have an almost complete homestudy, which means that an outsider has met with both Mitch and I and decided that we are good enough, or with the 24 hours of parenting classes that we will be good enough to adopt two more kids. Basically the homestudy consisted of conversations about adoption, the process and a discussion on our views of adoption. The social worker also visited our home to make sure we would be able to provide decent shelter for these kids (I didn’t mention I lived in a closet as a kid) and we would provide a safe and loving environment. Roman and Sierra got to talk to the social worker and Roman requested that he talk to her alone….Scary. Any way it went well until she was about to leave and all of the sudden yelling from upstairs filled the house “ROMAN, STOP IT” Slam of the door “SIERRA YOU ALREADY GOT TO PICK WHAT TO WATCH” crying exaggerated yelling and screaming continued…the social worker Brenda just looked at us and said “ the perfect family crumbles” (exact words). All I could think of is I am going to kill those kids and I hope I didn’t clean the house for nothing!!!! It turns out other families fight also and we were still okay, plus the added bonus of a clean floor for a couple more days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home