Thursday, March 01, 2007



Wow, it has been a long time since my last post. I would like to say that we have done some amazing things in that time but it has mostly been day to day. With the anniversary of seeing the picture of our kids for the first time coming up I have thought so much about the changes in our lives this past year.

I have often thought about the feelings prior to going to Ethiopia and my feelings since.
Roman said to me the other day “I don’t even think about the kids being adopted anymore, they are just my brothers and sister.” It made me think about my feelings soon after coming home. I remember feeling like this was the longest babysitting job I had ever taken on and there wasn’t enough ice cream in the world that would make me feel less overwhelmed. I love the kids and knew they belonged with us but it just didn’t seem real yet.

I don’t know when or how the change occurred but it seems like I have been a mother of five forever. I have a hard time remembering my life before Ethiopia and can’t imagine my life without Ethiopia.
Just for fun I am posting a couple of the first pictures of the kids…….my how things have changed

3 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

We're so glad you found your other children, even if you did have to go halfway around the world to do it! They really have changed, even between those pictures and when we saw them in November. It's hard to believe what a joker Taye is when you look at his serious expression in those pictures!

Could we have some new pictures?

Love to all!
Mary

9:26 AM, March 03, 2007  
Blogger The Barr Family said...

It was so fun to see you today! Your kids are so beautiful and you are an amazing mom of five!!!

9:07 PM, March 03, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hooray!! A post!! They all look so little in that first picture. You'd never know that Taye is really 21. :). LOL.

It was awesome to see you and the kiddos on Saturday!! I should have pics for you tomorrow.

XXOO,
Amelie's Mommy

9:47 AM, March 05, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home